I’d like to say I’m reporting live from 2015 New York Comic Con, but alas I am merely reporting from my bedroom in Florida (*deep sigh*). It’s not exactly the Javits Center, but it’ll have to do. But I thought for those of you who are enjoying autumn, pumpkin spiced everything and all things Comic Con I’d offer up my NYCC wish list so that you can go to all the events for me and I can live vicariously through your Twitter feed. You’re welcome.
Here are the folks on my MUST SEE list:
- Amy Bartol, Saturday: Ms. Bartol would be High on my list of must meet author. Mostly because I stuck with the Premonition series for FOUR books and I began to wonder if she was ever going to give us a finale. Seeing her at NYCC would prove that shi’s is alive and well. And with the cover reveal to Iniquity, the series finale, it looks like the end is near. Thanks heavens!
- April Genevieve Tucholke, Friday: Tucholke gave us the YA Gothic duology Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and Between the Spark and the Burn as well as contributing to the anthology Slasher Boy and Monster Girl. In this wicked season it would be a sin not see Ms. Tucholke in person.
- Claudia Gray, Saturday: Some may know Claudia Gray for her Star Wars novel connection, but for me it’s all about Firebird Series! And with book 2, Ten Thousand Skies Above You out November 3rd I wouldn’t miss the opportunity to congratulate her in person.
- Colleen Gleason, Sunday: I haven’t read any of the books in the Stoker and Holmes series but I love the idea of the female descendants of Bram Stoker and Sherlock Holmes teaming up for vampire hunting and good old fashion sleuthing. And the steampunk books covers are fab!
- Diana M. Pho, Thursday and Friday: Madame Pho is editor of Tor as well as being the founding editor of Beyond Victoriana. She is also a steampunk goddess. If I were there her “Geeks of Color Meet Up” would be highlighted, bolded and underlined on my schedule.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Saturday: I have one question for Ms. Armentrout: Can I sit in on the male model casting for your next book cover?
- Marie Rutkoski: I will admit that this is one of the authors I unabashedly geek out over. I’m obsessed with The Winner’s Trilogy. Love, lies, betrayal, hair braiding! I am counting the days until March 1, 2016 when the finale, The Winner’s Kiss is released. That’s 143 days if you’re wondering.
- Mindy McGinnis, Friday: I was enthralled by A Madness So Discreet which was released 2 days ago. Ms. McGinnis is certainly one to watch.
- Naomi Novik, Thursday and Saturday: If you haven’t read Uprooted then perhaps should stop what you’re doing and immediately immerse yourself in this epic. On second thought, go to NYCC, meet Naomi Novik, then read the book. You’ll thank me later. Seriously, it’s that good.
- Sara Raasch, Saturday: Fan of Snow Like Ashes are anxiously awaiting the sequel, Ice like Fire out October 13, 2015. Meeting the author in person should tide you over until then.
This is just a SAMPLE of the literary guest at NYCC. I’m not evening talking about the comic guests like Darwyn Cook (Parker), Jimmy Palmiotti( Harley Quinn) and entertainment guests like Billie Piper (Doctor Who), Bruce Campbell (Ash vs. Evil Dead), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Chris Carter (The X-Files). I’m just scratching the surface. So if you’re there and you make it to ANY of the events on my list, please say Hi for by tagging #NYCCYAENVY.
For a full list of guests and schedule of events click here.